02 Mar Get Ready for Severe Weather!
Whether it is Spring tornados or spring-summer thunderstorms and hurricanes. We officially enter the season of severe weather across the U.S.
A major focus at the beginning of each severe weather season, take a few minute to get ready and make sure you are prepared, and your kids are prepared, and your pets are prepared.
You can download a complete list of preparation details at www.ready.gov but here is a
short list to review:
1. Keep enough food and water for at least two weeks.
2. Have a family evacuation plan and practice it often, including a meeting place.
3. Keep a ‘ready-kit’ in your car with extra food, water, change of clothes and don’t forget to include pet food, plastic bags, diapers and other essentials that could carry you for a few days.
4. Make sure and keep large trees trimmed to decrease the chance they could fall on your house.
5. Use the internet, like Twitter or National Weather Service, to get breaking alerts, and invest in a battery powered radio.
6. Keep extra batteries available to keep the radio alerts going.
7. Keep your car gassed up, instead of running out during an emergency and finding
it’s out of gas, and remember, if the power goes out, the gas pumps don’t work.
8. Stay alert and try to keep a day ahead of the weather!